The Background Of Globalization

879 Words4 Pages
Introduction and Background: The world is becoming increasingly interrelated. Globalization influences how individuals lead their lives all over the world. Currently, many political, ecological, economic and cultural relationships are not understandable from a general perspective. At the same time, a provoking reflection about the significances of globalization has commenced. With the rise of globalization and substantial advances in technology, the devastating negative increase of mankind's carbon footprint has led many governments and multinational organizations to work together and focus their efforts on developing environmentally and economically stable future societies through ground breaking low-to-zero carbon emission innovations. The…show more content…
It is, therefore, not all that easy to explain such a complicated term in simple words. Beginning with the background of globalization; advances in technology such as mobile phones, aeroplanes, computers and the internet, have made transportation and communication networks possible. Among other things, this means people and countries can exchange information and goods in a quicker and less complicated way. These developments have enabled the global coming together of nations, hence the term globalization. For example, companies manufacturing produce in their own countries, like Samsung from Korea, Lenovo from China, Lamborghini from Italy, Airbus from France, Boeing from USA, etc., can now offer their products in different countries due too technical, cultural and economic "merging". This is one of the upmost advantages of globalization: the easier "sharing" of goods and services. Besides that, studies demonstrate that the average individual’s income has increased significantly in the past two decades, improving lifestyle and standards, thus affecting the average daily needs. But by doing so, commercial competition has increased and, for companies to compete with each other, they set their manufacturing plants in different parts of the world to increase production and profits through low labor costs, easy access to raw materials and expertise thus directly swelling the rate of carbon emission by around 47% compared to that of two…show more content…
This radiation once strikes the earth atmosphere will be bounced and reflected back to the space by 70%. The rest 30% will be absorbed by earth’s ozone layer. Such phenomenon makes the earth a place perfect for living organisms. Due to too much carbon emission this ozone layer is being unbalanced causing high radiation and temperature to increase excessively in some parts and decrease significantly in other parts. This unbalance disturbs the greenhouse cycle as well as creating global warming. The global warming is a term used to describe the changes of temperature in atmosphere gradually increasing. As the amount of carbon in the atmosphere is being concentrated, the more radiation is being trapped causing the earth’s temperature to increase resulting in Arctic melting, coral reefs dying, rain forest drying out, coastal cities being flooded, natural disasters etc. If this keeps on going the result could be catastrophic causing a global wipe-out. These negative effects have become so intense in the last decade that environmentalists have determined that there is no other substitute other than to create eco societies (also identified as low carbon societies) through the implementation of what is called "green

More about The Background Of Globalization

Open Document