Overpopulation Problems

1232 Words5 Pages
Overpopulation is one of the main issues that human is facing today. It is becoming a problem for people of all races, religions and nationalities. According to the BBC, there were approximately 7.2 billion people on the planet in the year 2016. However, the world cannot grow any larger, yet the human population keeps growing every year. We must slow the increase of our world’s population before our resources become insufficient and rapidly decreases our quality of life. The issue of overpopulation must be solve before the human race, reach our carrying capacity. The increase in the world’s overpopulation is due to technological advancement, psychological factor and illiteracy; therefore, the world’s overpopulation has affected environment,…show more content…
Human psychology and the cycle of entrenched poverty and illiteracy of the world’s reaction to the human overpopulation, are also causative factors. Families that have been through poverty, natural disasters or are simply in need of more hands to work are a major factor for overpopulation. As compared to earlier times, most of these extra children survive and consume resources that are not sufficient in nature. There are such organization like charities and not for profit organization which improved the lives of children living in poverty around the world. They provide new clothes, toys, books, and other products, as well as shelter and medical care. Many developing and under developing countries have large number of people who are illiterate, live below the poverty line and have little or no knowledge about family planning. There are also social pressures, mostly from families, to have children and increased early marriages, which increases the chances of having more children; especially with an uneducated class where family planning is often not present. Getting their children married at an early age increase the chances of having more kids. Those people are unable to understand the harmful effects of overpopulation and lack of ignorance prompts them to avoid family planning measures. Notwithstanding, modern methods of birth control and family…show more content…
Human overpopulation is among the most pressing environmental issues, silently aggravating the forces behind global warming, environmental pollution, and the consumption of finite natural resources, such as fresh water, arable land and fossil fuels, at speeds faster than their rate of regeneration. The effects of overpopulation are quite severe. The first of these is the depletion of resources. The Earth can only produce a limited amount of water, food, and non-renewable resources like fossil fuel, earth minerals and metal ores which is falling short of the current needs. According to the recent record,75% of planet Earth is covered in water. 97.5% of that is ocean and 2.5% is freshwater. 70% of freshwater is divided into glaciers and ice caps and the remaining 30% into land surface water, such as rivers, lakes, ponds and groundwater. Most of the freshwater resources are either unreachable or too polluted. With the overuse of coal, oil and natural gas, it has started producing some serious effects on our environment. Rise in the number of vehicles and industries have badly affected the quality of air and water. Rise in amount of Carbon dioxide emissions leads to global warming. Melting of polar ice caps, changing climate patterns, rise in sea level are few of the consequences that we might have to face due to environment pollution. Air pollution is very serious

More about Overpopulation Problems

Open Document