Right Of Inheritance Essay

967 Words4 Pages
Women Right of Inheritance The state shall secure the well-being of the people, irrespective of sex, caste, creed and race, by raising their standard of living . Constitution of Pakistan Article 38(a) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and wellbeing of himself and his family, including; housing . Universal Declaration of Human Rights Article 25 (1) The States Parties to the present Covenant recognize the right of everyone to an adequate standard of living for himself and his family, including adequate food, clothing and housing, and to the continuous improvement of living conditions... International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Article 11 (1) The inheritance right of women play…show more content…
They selected five districts of Punjab province, Sahiwal, D.G Khan, Vehari, Muzaffarabad and Rahim Yar Khan. ‘A total 10 focus group discussions were held with total 250 participants’. The study analyzed that approximately 90% of people believe that the right of inheritance should be given to women and remaining 10% people denied the right of property to women. The study analyzed that ‘The ownership of house is greater than the ownership of land. The ownership of both house and land is greater among 65% men as compared to 15% women. On another side the greater proportion of ownership of 30% women and 6% men own house’. The results shows the unequal distribution of ownership of property among men son, daughter, mother and sisters. The study also discussed that 45% respondents (78% women and 22% men) do not demand their right of inheritance because most of the women are uneducated and they are unaware about their fundamental rights. However, 90% majority of the respondent believe that ‘Dowry as a substitute of the agriculture and land’. That’s why they do not share the property to married women. Whereas, 85% of respondents also answered that customary practices do not allow women to get their

More about Right Of Inheritance Essay

Open Document