Why this Kolaveri Di?
The soup song became an instant anthem garnering 19 million views on Youtube and 6.5 million Facebook user likes in just 3 weeks of its release.
Kolaveri Di is a classic example of viral marketing that created a huge difference in the world of publicity and has opened a new avenue for marketers.
WHAT IS VIRAL VIDEO MARKETING?
“Viral video marketing” is a word which is thrown around so often but no one really knows what it is.
According to the definition in Techopedia a viral video is any clip of animation or film that is spread rapidly through online sharing. A viral video can receive millions of views as they are shared on social media sites, sent through emails, reposted to blogs, and so on. Most viral videos contain humour and…show more content… • Option to constantly monitor the promotion and make adjustments accordingly.
• Obtaining large amount of consumer insights for free.
• Impact if viral video marketing is easily measurable.
• High efficiency as people are well connected to friends and relatives through social media on daily basis.
• The strength of viral marketing depends on the sharing of videos from person to person. During this transfer, it may reach someone who the brand would not want to associate itself to.
• It’s uncontrollable. So if something goes wrong it can lead to a lot of bad publicity in a very short span of time.
• If made badly, viral marketing can guide to significant spam issues
• Can lead to brand dilution as all products and services cannot be viral marketed.
With all the strategies mentioned above, making a video and posting it on YouTube doesn’t make it viral, even if you think you have the best video. So in order to truly make a video viral, Analytics is the way ahead. With the help of various video analytical tools available on YouTube we can follow the below mentioned steps to make our video truly viral:
1. Identify the products and services that can be viral