How one can apply for a new or duplicate driving license in Mumbai…
A driver's license is a legal document issued by the state. It expresses a person’s capability to operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. Laws relating to the issuance of licenses vary between jurisdictions. No person shall drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds an effective Driving License issued by a licensing Authority authorizing him to drive vehicle of that particular category.
Driving a vehicle without a proper license can lead to imposing of fines or imprisonment if caught red handed, hence it is always safer to keep your driving license along with you in good condition. note: Applicant should be…show more content… The applicant applying for learner‘s license is required to appear before testing officer for a preliminary test which involves
• Test for his/her knowledge and understanding of traffic signs and traffic signals
• Test knowledge on traffic rules and their penalties and sections
• Questions related to driving (this may involve general driving rules, documents to carry, number of people that can travel on different vehicles, etc)
• The duties and responsibilities of the driver while driving, parking, and in event of an accident, etc
The test consists of 20 questions and one has to answer 12 questions correctly to be eligible to get a learning license. These questions are multiple choice questions with options A, B and C. One has to select the correct option for every question.
Test undertaken for permanent license
You can appear for permanent license test after 30 days of your learner's license.
• You will be granted a permanent license after successfully passing the driving test. If not, then you can apply again after 7 days from…show more content… You must visit the R.T.O from where you got your licence issued.
• Submit Documents: The application is verified