Advantages And Disadvantages Of Aggregates

1129 Words5 Pages
When we crush the throw away concrete it become aggregates of different sizes, Aggregates has its own properties depending on a variety of sizes, shapes and texture. The size of the aggregates can be obtained by using sieves of dissimilar sizes. The used aggregates are attaining from the waste concrete plays a huge task in providing the strength to the fresh concrete. For the sustainable growth, Engineers should have to decrease the utilization and exploit of natural resources or materials like sand, aggregates etc or they can use the diverse material for making a structure with the equivalent strength. The alternate method for this problem is to use the recycled aggregate from the waste concrete as an alternative of using fresh aggregates in the construction relevance’s. The recycling processes of demolished aggregates are used before, from the Second World War. After the Second World War enormous amount of building rubble or wastage material was…show more content…
Central Pollution Control Board, Delhi has estimated current quantum of solid waste generation in India to the tune of 40-45 million tons per annum out of which, waste from construction industry accounts for more than 25%. Solid waste management system has heavy responsibility to managing such type of high quantum of waste which puts enormous pressure on them. The total quantum of waste from construction industry is estimated to be 10 to 12 million tons per year out of which 67% is concrete, brick and masonry waste. “According to findings of survey 70% of the responded has given the reason for not adopting recycling of waste from construction Industry is "Not aware of recycling techniques" whiles the remaining 30% have indicated that they are not even aware of recycling possibilities by A-Paradigm-shift

More about Advantages And Disadvantages Of Aggregates

Open Document