Unforgivable Sin: How Terrible is Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?
Unforgivable sin is an eternal sin that cannot be washed away with the Blood of Jesus. It is an intentional sin that blaspheme the Spirit of the Lord.
This article explains the context, content and mind set of Jesus for exempting blasphemy against the Holy Spirit from His Deed of Salvation.
I love to read the passage as recorded in the book of Matthew. If you want a good understanding about this topic, then carefully read this passage:
“Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”
Now when the Pharisees…show more content… The Pharisees knew the ‘Special Power’ (Spirit of GOD) of Jesus, but they insulted (blaspheme) the Spirit (Verse 32b)
6. Their hearts were filled with evil words. (Verse 35)
7. The Pharisees were fond of speaking idle words. (Verse 36)
Can a Christian Commit the Unforgivable Sin?
From the passage we read, you would agree with me that the unforgivable sin was not committed by the large crowd of unbelievers who were ready to give their lives to Jesus.
The unforgivable sin was committed by the category of people who claimed to know the religious laws; they read the bible in the synagogue. And they are teachers of the laws (pastors).
So, if you lived a bad life before giving your total life to Jesus, then you are saved by the Blood of Jesus. And, if you respect the awesome Power of the Holy Spirit after giving your life to the Lord, then you cannot commit the unforgivable sin.
People that commit the unforgivable sin are those that have the knowledge about the Spirit of God. Unbelievers that are yet to know the Holy Trinity (God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit) cannot suffer the judgment of the unforgivable…show more content… And they experienced the good things of heaven and share in the Holy Spirit. They chose to deviate from the rules of the Lord, because they intend to satisfy their selfish desires.
Dangerous Signals of Unforgivable Sin
1. When a Christian seeks for power of miracles from the spirit of darkness.
2. When a Christian uses another ‘book’ or human philosophy to argue with the word of God in the Bible.
3. A Christian whose total believe is not in Jesus anymore. Such Christian craves to believe in materialism, statue of Mary, priest of Allah, angelic powers, marine spirits etc.
4. Turning the heart of people away from the right doctrines in the Bible to man-made doctrines in the church.
5. There is a danger when a Christian starts to abuse God for any reason.
6. Don’t give your tongues to idle words, abusive words and jokes. You can’t embarrass the Holy Spirit and tell Him after a while that you were only joking... (Ephesians 5 verse 4 condemns