Armodafinil is basically a (-)-(R)- enantiomer of the racemic drug Modafinil. Cephalon Inc. is the pharmaceutical company that produced this drug. The Food and Drug Administration of United States approved this drug in June 2007. Armodafinil is more effective than Modafinil because despite having similar half lives, Armodafinil touches the peak blood concentration later after administration than that of Modafinil. It improves wakefulness better in people who complain of excessive somnolence during daytime. This medicine is used for sleep apnea treatment.
Armodafinil has an unknown mechanism of action. It is pharmacologically very similar to Modafinil, that is, a mixture of R- and S- Modafinil. Adrenergic drugs like amphetamine and…show more content… • In case of an accidental pregnancy while Armodafinil medication is going on, call your doctor as soon as possible.
• When you are supposed to undergo a surgery, don’t forget to inform the concerned doctor that you are taking Armodafinil.
• Even if your dentist suggests a dental surgery, inform the dentist about your Armodafinil medication.
• Armodafinil is a drug that affects your ability to judge and think. Besides this, it also causes dizziness. This is why you should not drive a car or operate any machines while you are on Armodafinil. In case you plan to start driving, inform your doctor beforehand about it.
• Even if you feel more focused and attentive, do not drive without letting the doctor know about it.
• If you have the complain of high blood pressure or a mental illness like mania, depression or psychosis, don’t forget to inform your doctor before you start taking Armodafinil.
• Make sure that you inform the doctor if you are taking any anticoagulants like warfarin, anti-seizure medicines and sedatives like Diazepam.
• Do not indulge yourself in any overdose. It may cause restlessness and lead to disorientation, confusion and