10 Ways to Heal Frequent Nose Bleed in Kids
Children between the ages of two and ten are prone to frequent nose bleeding which is really alarming for the parents and caretakers. Although these seem to be very scary, they usually do not cause any harm. The blood vessels at the surface or front portion of our nose are very thin and are really vulnerable. The nose of young children is really fragile and the blood vessels can rupture quite easily.
Why are the causes of nose bleeding in children?
Children can get bleeding from the nose due to the following reasons:
• Sneezing vigorously
• Picking the nose
• Inhalation of ammonia
• Injury on the nose
• Nasal passage getting blocked due to foreign particles
• Due to a sudden change in one’s altitude
• Uncontrollable cold
• Getting exposed to dry heat for a long time
• Nasal surgery
Symptoms of a Bleeding Nose
Many…show more content… specialist since it might be sign of a more serious illness.
For an occasional nose bleed, one can try one of the following home remedies:
1. Apply lemon juice – Lemon juice is a very useful ingredient in your kitchen and its high Vitamin C content makes it a great natural remedy for controlling bleeding from the nose. It helps to strengthen the blood capillaries inside the nose. Just put 2-3 drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice in each nostril. It might sting a bit but the bleeding will stop.
2. Rinse the nose with saline water – Many people use saline water to clear a blocked nose. Saline water is also helpful in case of nose bleeding. It helps to reduce the irritation in the membranes of the nose and calms and moisturizes the inner linings of the nose. Add 1/4th teaspoon of salt to half cup water. Mix it well and put 2-3 drops of this water in each nostril. This remedy is very useful when you are in extremely cold or dry