What is Mental Health? Mental Health includes our emotional, psychological traits. It affects how we think, feel, and act on an everyday basis. It is important in every stage of our life, from childhood until we grow old. Some types of mental health illness are: - Anxiety disorders, which people who experience this respond to certain objects or situations with fear and dread.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, is a condition that can develop following a traumatic and/or a terrifying event, such as sexual or physical assault, the unexpected death of a loved one or a natural calamity.
- Schizophrenia, is a chronic brain disorder that affects about one percent of the population. When schizophrenia is active, symptoms can include delusions, hallucinations, trouble with thinking and concentration, and lack of motivation.
- Depression, (major depressive disorder) is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how the person feels, the way the person acts. 1 in 5 Filipinos are suffering from a Mental Health Illness and merely tells the story. The Duterte administration is finally putting importance to this aspect of Philippine health care. Some of the illnesses stated above are actually on the of Top 4 most common Mental illnesses: Schizophrenia, Substance abuse, Post- traumatic stress disorder, and depression.
Mental Health illness is not a joke; People…show more content… According to Laura Greenstein (2017), before telling someone, be certain that the decision is right for you. Make a list on the pros and cons if ever you would tell a person about your illness.
Some pros are:
• The person may be supportive and encouraging,
• The Person can help me find the treatment that I need,
• If a crisis were to happen, I would have someone to call.
Some Cons are:
• The Person may be uncomfortable around me after I tell them,
• The person may tell other people that I