STARTING A DRY CLEANING AGENCY IN NIGERIA
Currently the world population is set at almost eight billion people and about one-eighth of that figure fall in the working class bracket. As a result of this, most of the people in this class have virtually no time to carry out simple tasks on the home front like making their own food, doing dishes, cleaning their homes and fixing their laundry. This in turn has created jobs for other people, and one especially has gone on to become a multi-billion dollar spinning industry, the dry cleaning business.
There is almost no one, except a few special people, who will not love the feel of neatly washed and freshly ironed clothes on their bodies. I for one feel it boosts my self-esteem when I wear a freshly laundered…show more content… KNOWN FACTS ABOUT THE BUSINESS
- Dry cleaned clothes tend to last longer than hand washed clothes.
- Not all stains can be blotted out, no matter how much you try.
- Sometimes, clothes could get damaged.
- There is a possibility of clothes losing shape or shrinking.
- Services determine prices.
CHALLENGES OF RUNNING A DRY CLEANING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
No business, indeed no venture undertaken by man is free of challenges. Below are few challenges noticed with the dry cleaning business:
- Sometimes clothes could go missing, it becomes the responsibility of the business owner to ensure the client is duly compensated.
- Clothes could get burnt or destroyed during the laundering process.
- Poor electricity could be a major source of concern, especially in Nigeria. This makes the owner spend more on sourcing a secondary source of power supply.
- Delivery times could be incredibly short in some cases.
- Building a reliable customer base might be challenging because there are several dry cleaning agencies springing up daily and it is difficult to satisfy people.
- Access to clean water.
- Difficulty in getting skilled staff.
PROFITABILITY OF THE DRY CLEANING BUSINESS IN