Ram Navami is celebrated with great pomp as the birthday of Lord Rama by the Hindus. Known as the man of the highest ideals, he is also called Maryada Purushottam Ram. He sets the best example of an ideal son, brother and husband. The Navami tithi during the Chaitra month is celebrated as Lord Ram’s birthday. This occasion important Hindu texts are read, hymns praising Rama are chanted, and Holy songs are sung in His praise.
Significance of Ram Navami Puja
Ramayana has instilled in us stories about Lord Ram’s divine nature, his love and sense of duty, and his choice of Dharma and moksha over desire. The birthday of Lord Ram is an important occasion for all Hindu’s. Lord Vishnu took the form of Lord Rama who descended earth as…show more content… On doing so, he eliminated evil from the face of the earth. Ever since, his birthday is celebrated with a lot of pomp.
Occasions to do the Ram Navami Puja
The puja is performed on the occasion of Ram Navmi to celebrate Lord Ram’s birth anniversary.
Ram Navami Puja Vidhi (Procedure)
The puja should be performed in the afternoon as that was the time when Lord Ram was born. Devotees fast during this day. The basic Ram Navami puja samagri includes kumkum, roli, Prasad, incense, etc. Before the Ramnavami puja, the house needs to be scrubbed clean.
• A statue of Lord Ram needs to be placed in the room.
• Figurines of Sita, Lakshman and Hanuman can also be placed alongside Ram’s idol.
• Then offerings are made in the form of sweets, fruits, tulsi leaves, and flowers.
• Light the incense sticks and diyas.
• Take a little holy water kumkum, and roli and sprinkle it on the figurines
• Chant the hymn and the mantras
• The aarti is then performed and Prasad is offered to the Lord for blessing after which it is distributed to all. Most of them break their fast with this Prasad.
Ram Navami Puja Shubh Muhurat
• Ram Navami falls on 15th April 2016 this