1. The M8.2 fixed all that and featured and some new exterior finishes about Leica most devoted followers were looking for signs of something else: what lay ahead for the company’s famed R- system cameras and lenses? (a) New wide variety of R lenses with high quality. (b) Raise awareness of the brand to a new audience (c) Competition in camera market to become better than mass produced cameras (d) Guarantee of replacement for malfunctioned M8’s. (e) Use an internet celebrity that has a large and dedicated community
2. Should Leica invest capital in a product line extension for the R- series lenses?
Leica should invest capital in extending their R-series lenses because its popular with in professionals and has high quality that sets its self…show more content… Or would innovation focused on a new digital Leica camera line aimed at professionals be a better choice? Leica should focus on a new digital camera line aimed at professionals. Since Leica prides itself in quality and many professional photographers rely on their brand for top quality equipment, it would be better to innovate a new digital camera for their devoted followers.
4. Or would investing more capital in digital product by expending the M-series line of cameras and lenses make the most sense? They shouldn’t expand the M-series line following all the controversy the M8 has caused. The M8.2 should be enough and Leica should focus on the products their die-hard fans are anticipating.
6. It was clear to Andreas Kaufmann that the future of Leica was not just in digital cameras but in selling more units to more people. So, what would that look like?
In order to sell more units to more people, the price of the units must be reduced to cameras in the same market.
7. What products would secure Leica’s future?
Both the M8(and M8.2) and well as R-series camera’s will secure Leica’s future. M8’s will be purchased by beginner photographers and R-series camera’s will be bought by professional…show more content… Would offering a lower end range of Leica products attract enthusiasts who might later upgrade? Yes, offering lower end range prices of Leica products will attract enthusiast who might upgrade later. Also, the lower the price of a good quality camera, the more units will be sold. This new lower end range Leica product then can compete in the market with other brands. 10. Would expanding capacity and producing larger quantities of the digitized M series be wise? Yes, it would be wise because in 2007 the company was backlogged, producing more M series would mean more units being sold and allowing the M series to compete in the market. 11. What about a new line- was there development potential for a new universal system?
There is not development potential for a new line that would not be cost effect. Instead Leica should focus on adding to its current products and coming with new additions that other cameras in the market might have.
12. Should Leica reconsider or hold steady with its discontinuation? Leica should reconsider but not produce R-series without orders. Since many oppose of the discontinuation, the R-series should not be discontinued but also not mass produced. In order to be cost effective an R-series camera should only be manufactured on request of a customer and the customer should anticipate their product to take time being made. 13. Key Lessons: The launch was a success for two