The purpose of the Crosswords Public Library Circulation Policy is to allow free access to the Library’s collections and services well also having rules established that way the materials in the library will be protected.
• A resident who lives or works in the City of Riverdale. Residents are allowed to receive a library card within their city. This allows them to borrow any materials in the library with no charge unless the material is brought back late.
• A Non-Resident is an individual who does not work or live in the City of Riverdale. An individual can take out materials from the Riverdale Public Library by paying a non-refundable fee of $30.00. This then allows the non-resident to use a library card.…show more content… • To register and/or reregister for a library card they could use:
• Valid Driver’s License
• Report card with address (Richmond Hill Public Library)
• An Adult
• Age: from eighteen years old and up.
• To register and/or reregister for a library card they could use:
• Valid Driver’s License
• Utility bill
• Mortgage agreement
1.3 Protection of Privacy
• The Crosswords Public Library will keep a patrons personal information confidential and will not disclose any personal information to anyone.
• Personal information is collected for the providing you with library service.
• If the patron has any overdue materials or fines the library will contact the patron through address, phone number and/or email.
• Some information collected like gender and/or age allows for Crosswords Public Library to grow.
• Our library staff will not discuss the reading tastes, or items borrowed by library patrons with third parties. Parents may receive information if the child is 12 and under in order for the parent to pay for lost or damaged materials.
1.4 Library Card – Renewal and Lost
• A library card expires annually.
• The patron will be notified when the card with expire.
Lost Library…show more content… • Renewals may be requested in person, by telephone or through the website in branch or remotely (Toronto Public Library)
• Most library materials may be reserved in person, by telephone or through the website in branch or remotely.
• A charge is imposed when a hold is filled for a customer but not picked up.
• Reserves are usually made for holding a study space or for holding certain books, video games, DVDs and/or audio books.
1.9 Damaged/Lost Items
• All customers are responsible for library materials borrowed from the Crosswords Public Library.
• There will be a replacement charge for the lost/damaged material.
• Crosswords Public Library will determine the amount it will cost to repair or replace the item and if they have a need/demand to replace the item.
1.10 Overdue Items and Fines
• The patron who borrows an item from the library has a responsibility to have that item brought back on time so others do not have to wait for the