CROCK POT PORK AND SWEET POTATO STEW
Love pork and sweet potatoes? Here's an easy way to get this favorite combo in a crock pot meal. This is an easy and delicious slow cooker recipe that combines five ingredients including apples, apple juice, sweet potatoes, and thyme with chunks of pork. It’s a delicious and lean crock pot stew recipe that will fill you up on a cold fall or winter's day.
• ¼ cup of water
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 cups of apple juice
• ¼ teaspoon of pepper
• 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
• 2 apples, cored and chopped
• 1 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
• 3 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
• 1 lb. boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1 inch cubes
1. Layer the sweet potatoes,…show more content… Prepare a 2 ½ quart to 5 quart crock pot by coating it with cooking spray.
2. Place the baking powder and flour in a bowl and then Whisk them to combine. Set it aside.
3. Place the chocolate and butter into a large bowl and then melt it in the microwave.
4. Whisk the vanilla, egg yolk, milk, 3 tablespoons of cocoa and 2/3 cup of sugar in.
5. Add in your flour mixture then stir it until it is mixed thoroughly.
6. Pour your batter into the crock pot and then evenly spread it.
7. Place the hot water, remaining sugar and cocoa into a medium bowl and then mix them well to dissolve the sugar.
8. Pour the cocoa mixture into the crock pot, on top of the batter.
9. Cover your crock pot and then and cook it at high for about 1 to 2 hours and 15 minutes, depending on the size of your crock pot.
10. Check for doneness, your cake is ready when the cake’s edges starts to pull away from the sides of the crock pot. If possible, do not let the condensed steam from the lid drip into your cake while checking.
11. Turn off the crock pot and then remove the…show more content… Place your chocolate mud cake in bowls and top it with ice cream or whipped cream.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Total Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Servings: 6 to 8
The final appearance and cooking time of the cake depends on the size of the crock pot. This crock pot cake is a perfect cake for all occasions. Enjoy it best as a dessert or have a sliver with a cup of tea.
There you have it! My favorite part of cooking with the slow cooker is that it makes your house smell amazing all day long!
There are so many types of crock pot in the market so make sure to find the slow cooker that works for you! You can do some research first or ask your friends or relatives that also owns a crock pot. From healthy crock pot soups to heart friendly options and more, a crock pot is a must have utensil for your kitchen.
Use your slow cooker and our great tasting recipes to get a crock pot meal like your Grandma would make. Come home to our delicious starter, main dishes and dessert recipes that are sure to soothe your family. With these easy recipes that offers delicious comfort foods, it's no wonder slow cookers have a devoted fan base. Make your selections below to get recommendations for delicious slow-cooked