The company was able to maintain itself as a leader in the steel tubes industry and as a strong contender in the lighting industry.
Given below are the financial of the company for the current as well as previous year: (Rs in Crores)
PARTICULARS F.Y(2012-13) CY(2011-12)
Revenue from operations 2959.03 2554.44
Profit before finance cost depreciation & taxation 238.26 196.74
Finance cost 109.67 93.82
Depreciation & amortization expenses 56.51 47.31
Profit before tax(PBT) 72.08 55.61
Tax expense 2.83 3.63
Profit after taxation(PAT) 69.25 51.98
Interim equity dividend paid including tax 15.28 Nil
Proposed dividend 5.13…show more content… • Increase in Revenue: The revenue of the division is Rs. 2052.67 crores and In previous year it was found to be Rs 1784.60 crores, there was an increase of 15.02%.
• Export turnover: The export turnover of the division is Rs.345.62 crores as compared to Rs.313.35 crores in the previous year with an annual increase of 10.30%.
• The pipe division produces nearly 8,00,000 MT of various pipes per annum in both galvanized and black varities, in sizes ranging from 15mm NB to 400mm NB and in various speciﬁ…show more content… Lighting Division
During the year under review, surya roshni is the largest Lighting Company of the country having a market share of 25% . Division has grown at a higher rate than of national average of the Industry. As on date,. The performance of the division has significant growth .
• Increase in Revenue: increase in Revenue from operation is Rs.906.36 crores as compared to Rs.769.84 crores previous year , an increase of 17.73 % over the last year.
• Increased Sales: The higher sales have partly been accounted by new products and geographical expansion.
• Energy efficient lightning solutions: surya roshni became the first lighting company in India to introduce energy-efﬁ cient lighting solutions. The recently launched LED added to greator extent in colour & class .
SIGNIFICANT ACCOUNTING POLICIES