The following research report will be discussing about one of the product's of the Canadian milk industry, Parmalat Canada's Beatrice Milk. Focusing on four main areas: Introduction, situation analysis, target market, and position
I. Introduction Beatrice Foods Canada Ltd. is a Toronto, Ontario based dairy unit of Parmalat Canada. The Canadian unit of Beatrice Foods was founded in 1969, and was separated from Beatrice Foods in 1978, which was founded in 1894 by George Everett Haskell and William W. Bosworth(Wikipedia,2014,p.1). Beatrice Milk was in market from 1969,
• There is a greater expansion of company since 1969 and today more than 17% Canadians prefer Beatrice milk as their top choice.
• The company markets two varied kinds of milk…show more content… • There are five specialty milk products:1) 1% Buttermilk 2) Egg Nog 3)Egg Nog Lite4) 1%Strawberry and 5) 1%Chocolate Milk(Beatrice,2014,p.1).
• Beatrice Milk products can be purchased through retail sellers all over Canada and there are more than forty retailers, who market Beatrice products.
• Beatrice Milk is available in two types of packing, one is plastic milk jugs and the other is paper milk carton. The material used to make Plastic milk jugs is high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and the paper milk carton s are poly coated gable-top cartons.
• The main target market for milk are women, who buy 40 percent of all milk. The a population of over 35 million people is the actual target.
• Milk is marketed in different quantities like 250ml,500ml, 1L , 2L ,and 4L for varying requirements of…show more content… It is not that only upper class people only can buy them.
Distribution to consumers occurs through a network of just over 30,000 retail food stores and more than 114,000 food service industry outlets. These food service industry outlets include the activities of licensed and unlicensed restaurants, accommodation, leisure industry and institutional food service operations, as well as distribution channels provided by vending, department store, and other retail food service industry outlets (The Canadian dairy,2005).
Milk consumption decreased steadily in 2013, due primarily to a sharp contraction in the “premium” segment, while volumes remained constant in the “basic” segment. Parmalat maintained its third-place ranking in the Pasteurized Milk market(Paramalat,2014)
Comparing Beatrice with other milk producing industries.
Brands Primary Demographics Notes
Beatrice • Empty Nesters: 11% likely to